Модераторы: Nast, Obi-San

Ответить
Obi-San
Rhodesia South
Контактная информация:

A word from commander

Сообщение Obi-San » 30 июн 2014, 16:06

To all rangers,

I just want to thank each and every one of you for your outstanding effort of the 3 days of the event.

We had some tough missions given to us, and Berget was expecting very little success from the Ranger group, but we achieved both of our primary objectives and many secondary objectives for good measure.

Infact, I have been informed that the opening bridge objective was one, if not the hardest mission Berget has ever giving to a team, in terms of terrain, and difficulty of the mission. When I first heard about the mission I honestly thought it was near impossible, but we achieved it and that was because of you guys. So bloody well done.

Nor did I expect to take Rico alive with him protected by 300 ravens. Again, I have been informed that the closing mission was not rigged in anyway. The details of Ricos route to provided by intelligence operatives working with the Raven base, and we literally had only hours to put the plans in to action.

I think they could have had a security force twice as big as what they had and they still would not of walked out of that ambush.

It was unfortunate that I did not have a 2ic and that made my role considerably harder. We had to make some comprises about the level of milsim we used because I think some of us was not equipped for hardcore milsim.

There are many issues that I would want to address if I was to command again, such as having a smaller force and treating it all much closer to the way a real steal unit would operate. Such as the use of bashas only, and not allowing tents. To have a predefined base layout so all the bashas made up the perimeter with command in the middle. Having stag throughout the 24 hours of the day, and more pro-longed operations behind enemy lines.

I would want to see if we can get hold of high powered radios for the unit and to make sure all commanders could reach each other with a mobile phone as a backup.

The list goes on…..

However, this should not take away that fact that we did all club together and we worked well under the cirumstances we found ourselves in, and I think we did the GCT ranger unit proud. I personally am very proud of what we achieved.

I will endeavour to produce an after action report, but first I need to recover )

I personally want to thank Nigel, Jerry and Rob from Rubber Duckies for supporting my role throughout the week. Nast from Echo Two for assisting with the ranger command role for a while when I had to bug out. I don't want to single out any teams on performance, but there was some teams that when above and beyond the call of duty I think you already know who you are. But it's safe to say that not one of the commanders let the Rangers down and you all did an outstanding job.

Thank you again, it was a pleasure playing alongside all of you, and I look forward to seeing you at a Berget event in the future.

Regards,
Ian Wermerling
GCT Ranger Command
Все что сделал податель сего - сделано по моему приказу и во благо государства.
Кардинал Ришелье.

Obi-San
Rhodesia South
Контактная информация:

Re: A word from commander

Сообщение Obi-San » 30 июн 2014, 16:17

Ну и конкретно нам.
But I just want to say thanks, for supporting me throughout the game. You could have considered going rogue, but you did not and you followed orders. You were one of the few teams I know you could count on.
А это няшка от меня
https://picasaweb.google.com/1015293436 ... 9/Berget12

Спасибо вам за отличную компанию!
Все что сделал податель сего - сделано по моему приказу и во благо государства.
Кардинал Ришелье.

rw.veter
Майор
Майор
Контактная информация:

Сообщение rw.veter » 30 июн 2014, 16:33

Фотки великолепны:)
Old fart. Done it all. Seen it all. Can't remember any of it.

jemi210
Rhodesia South
Контактная информация:

Сообщение jemi210 » 30 июн 2014, 17:14

А где можно написать своё мнение по его поводу?

Ded Moroz
Капитан
Капитан
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Ded Moroz » 30 июн 2014, 18:35

jemi210 писал(а):А где можно написать своё мнение по его поводу?
а стоит ли?

Nast
Rhodesia K4
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Nast » 15 июл 2014, 14:37

Вот что ещё надыбал:
Hi guys,
First of all I just want to thank you both and you teams for a top notch performance.
I do realise that it was not exactly the type of game you was expecting, and on
behalf of Berget I do apologise for that.
I too was expecting something quite different, but found myself having to make a
number of compromises for Berget and due to some of the players that quite clearly
was not geared towards a strict milsim experience.
I think the game did not lend itself to milsim as well, with the pace and mission
types lending themselves to traditional missions, with little time for planning or
the effective use of Ranger teams. Most of the big missions were given to me just
hours before, leaving very little time to prepare for. The fact we got around 50
rangers on the final mission was quite amazing.
I personally would consider applying for another command role like that again, but
it would be more on my terms. Such as:
Smaller numbers with less teamsMore emphasis on operating behind enemy
linesConducting ourselves in an operational way, so that we are all using low
profile bashas, with no fires, teams rotating on stag duties, nobody walking about
the area with no rifle, having only whispering in our base area, using high powered
radios or mobile phones as backup.
There are countless improvements to make.
But I just want to say thanks, for supporting me throughout the game. You could
have considered going rogue, but you did not and you followed orders. You were one
of the few teams I know you could count on.
I am sorry that I had you down the road when the ambush kicked off, but needed a
solid defence to either start the convoy retreating or to block reinforcements
arriving. There were very few teams I could trust with such an import role.
Thanks again,
Ian
WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP (\/) (°,,,°) (\/)

Ответить

Вернуться в «Berget 12: Lords of war»